Die DEUTSCH – BRITISCHE JURISTENVEREINIGUNG e.V.
und die BRITISH GERMAN JURISTS’ ASSOCIATION
20 – 22 April 2012
Friday 20 April
- 11:00 German Committee meeting. Venue: Elvet Room. Marriott Royal County Hotel
- 12:30 Buffet Lunch in Restaurant Marriott Royal County Hotel.
- 12:30 Joint Committee Meeting: Elvet Room.Marriott Royal County.
- 14:15 Registration: Cromwell Suite Marriott Royal County Hotel
- 14:30 Session 1: Venue: Cromwell Suite, Marriott Royal County Hotel
Conference 1: ” Admissibility of Evidence in Criminal Cases (“I only wanted to save a child’s life”)”
David Kirk, Chief Criminal Counsel, Financial Services Authority
Dieter Anders, Generalstaatsanwalt in Frankfurt am Main 2001 – 2009
- 16:00 Coffee/Tea Break
- 16:30 Discussion
- 17:00 Session Ends
- 19.15 Depart Hotel on foot to Oldfield’s Restaurant. 18 Claypath. Durham DH1 1RH
- 19.30 Dinner Including Wine Oldfield’s Restaurant.
Saturday 21 April
- 09.40 Bus departs Hotel
- 10.00 Session 2: Venue: Lindisfarne Hall St Aidens College
Conference 2: “I want my money back!” – The Liability of banks for risky transactions
- 11:30 Coffee/Tea Break
- 12:00 Discussion
- 12:30 Session Ends
- 12.30 Lunch. Lindisfarne Hall. St Aiden’s College (cash Bar)
- 14:00 Walking tour of Durham City: Departs St. Aiden’s College.
There will be a break between 15.15 and 15.45 at the Cathedral where there are facilities and a cafe. This will be followed by a tour of the Cathedral until about 17.00.
- 17.15 Evensong in the Cathedral (optional)
- 19:00 Depart Hotels and Walk to Town Hall, Market Place
- 19:15 Drinks at Town Hall (Cash Bar)
- 19.45 Dinner Including Wine.
Sunday 22 April
09:30 British Association AGM: venue: Cromwell Suite, Marriott Royal County Hotel
10:00 Session 3: venue: Cromwell Suite, Marriott Royal County Hotel
Conference 3: “Cross Border Mergers”
Ben Shaw from Erskine Chambers
- 11:30 Coffee break
- 12:00 Discussion
- 12:30 End of conference